Friday 24 April 2020

Autumn Leaf Collection



I thought I would share my autumn leaf collection with you.
I collected these when I went for a walk on Monday.
Then I put them between the pages of an old magazine and put some heavy books on top to press them flat.
This morning I got them out to try some art work.
You can see I made a leaf character and then did some leaf rubbings.
My first rubbing used autumn colours to make a border – I think I will write an autumn poem in the middle later on today.
To do the rubbings I put the leaves under the paper and got a crayon and using the side of the crayon rubbed over the paper and – hey presto – I had a picture!
So then I decided to try with all sorts of colours – I think that looks good too but I am not sure what I will use it for – maybe I’ll make it into an envelope and post a letter to my daughter!!
You might like to try some autumn leaf art of your own. I know you could come up with some great ideas. Mrs Penrice and I would love to see some photos of what you have done. 
From Mrs Keach





No comments:

Post a Comment